Shillong: With election to three assembly constituencies in Meghalaya just round the corner, former FKJGP member and HSPDP leader Ardent Miller Basaiawmoit announced floating of a new political party – Voice of the People Party (VPP).
Basaiawmoit made the announcement in Shillong city during a press conference called on Tuesday. He was accompanied by members of the executive committee of the newly-formed party.
The party will be officially launched in November.
VPP president Basaiawmoit said, “In view of the present state of affairs in the state, the absence of a political will and failures of existing political parties to live up to the expectation of people, we have decided to float a new political party called VPP.”
He said this party will “bring a change in Meghalaya politics” and appealed to the citizens to give them an opportunity to govern the state.
He further emphasised that voting for them would mean “a vote for complete change, good governance, strong decisive leadership, vote for peace and security, vote for all round and inclusive development and vote for unity”.
“We believe that today we are giving a message of hope to the people of the state,” he added.
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong
- Tripura: Mysterious death of a family, Opposition leader demands probe
- Meghalaya: George Lyngdoh resigns from TMC citing ‘personal reasons’
- Manipur’s biggest achievement in 7 decades: Biren Singh on peace pact with UNLF
- Now, you can fly directly to Bangkok from Guwahati
- ‘Animal’ review: A monstrous attack on feminism, wokeism