Pithoragarh (Uttarakhand): Sixteen ITBP personnel stranded due to inclement weather in Kuti valley near the Sino-India border were rescued on Saturday by the Panchshul brigade of the Indian Army.
The ITBP personnel were patrolling in the rugged terrain of the valley when they were caught in bad weather, an Army officer said.
“When our troops from Panchshul brigade learned that ITBP personnel had been trapped in the tough and rugged region of Kuti valley near the India-China border, they jumped immediately into action and rescued them,” Captain Kuldeep Singh of Panchshul brigade said.
- Lankan PM says no shoot-on-sight orders given during violence
- Need to build nation capable of establishing peace, says PM Modi
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Anand’ to get a remake
- Nagaland issues directive to combat illegal check gates: See details here
- Universities should not become spaces for ideological conflict: HM Shah
- Modi to address BJP national office bearers’ meeting in Jaipur on May 20