Pithoragarh (Uttarakhand): Sixteen ITBP personnel stranded due to inclement weather in Kuti valley near the Sino-India border were rescued on Saturday by the Panchshul brigade of the Indian Army.
The ITBP personnel were patrolling in the rugged terrain of the valley when they were caught in bad weather, an Army officer said.
“When our troops from Panchshul brigade learned that ITBP personnel had been trapped in the tough and rugged region of Kuti valley near the India-China border, they jumped immediately into action and rescued them,” Captain Kuldeep Singh of Panchshul brigade said.
Also read: Bangladeshi man held for Indian passport fraud, 22 arrests so far
- Farmers reap benefits from lemon fence pilot project in Assam
- EC restarts review of recognised party status; hears 3 national, 6 state parties
- Renewed politics over validity of panchayat polls in Darjeeling raises its head
- Jairam writes to CBI chief to probe Amit Shah’s ‘Sangma govt most-corrupt’ remark
- We could’ve won by bigger scoreline: Stimac on India’s 1-0 win over Myanmar
- Over 100 delegates to participate in 2-day Dibrugarh G20 conference