Aizawl: Mizoram Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Minister, K. Lalrinliana (61) has tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, an official said.
He is the sixth legislator from the state to have been infected with the virus, he said.
Lalrinliana, who also holds local administration and fisheries portfolios, developed mild symptoms, he said. He will be shifted to Zoram Medical College (ZMC), the lone dedicated COVID-19 hospital in the state near Aizawl, the official added.
Deputy Chief Minister Tawnluia, power minister R.Lalzirliana, two ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) legislators- Dr Vanlaltanpuia and F. Lalnunmawia, and lone BJP MLA Dr BD Chakma had earlier tested positive for COVID-19. All of them have recovered from the infection.
Meanwhile, six more people have succumbed to COVID-19 within a span of 9 hours on Monday, taking the death toll to 301.
Chief Minister Zoramthanga’s elder sister Lalvuani (88) and one Joydeep Naskar (42) from Kolkata were among the COVID-19 victims, a government bulletin said.
A total of 733 people were discharged from various COVID-19 care facilities on Monday and the total recovery is 73,646, it said.
The recovery rate has shot up to 83 per cent and the death rate to 0.33 per cent. Mizoram on Monday reported 527 COVID-19 cases, pushing the state tally to 88,693.
- India’s SARAS telescope gives clues to first stars, galaxies of universe
- Pakistani Taliban ends ceasefire; orders its militants to carry out attacks
- UK delivering on new FTA with India, says Rishi Sunak
- Meghalaya: Govt considering jobs for dependents of Mukroh victims
- Meghalaya: State limping back to normalcy after Mukroh violence, says CM
- Mukroh incident linked to timber smuggling, not border dispute: Special DGP