Shillong: After a year without a permanent director, Prof. (Dr.) Nalin Mehta has been appointed as Director of North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) in Meghlaya.
Taking to Twitter, Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma tweeted, “The newly-appointed Director of NEIGRIHMS, Prof. (Dr.) Nalin Mehta called on me today. Wishing him godspeed.”
The former director, Dr DM Thapa, had faced backlash after a stand-off between the faculty of Cardiology department and the administration requiring the intervention of the state government.
Dr Thapa had spoken about alleged “clandestine business in the cardiology department” and had demanded an inquiry.
Dr Thapa was removed last year leading to the appointment of Dr P Bhattacharya (Head of Department), Anaesthesia, as interim director on June 1, 2020.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900