Agartala: Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb congratulated two Tripura candidates who cracked the Civil Service Exam 2020, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), results of which were announced on Friday.
Dhiman Chakma from Kanchanpur sub-division of North Tripura district secured 722 rank in the Civil Services Exam (CSE), 2019, improving his position in 2020 by securing 482 rank. Sumit Paul, a resident of Agartala has secured the 530 rank.
Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has congratulated Chakma for his success in the UPSC exams and wrote, “Congratulations to Dhiman Chakma on securing 482 rank in the UPSC, Civil services examination,2020. You made #Tripura proud today. Best wishes to you for your endeavours.”
He also congratulated Pau and said, “Congratulations to youngster from our state Sumit Paul for securing 530 rank in UPSC, Civil service examination, 2020. All the very best & make our state proud.”
Speaking with EastMojo, Dhiman Chakma, who is currently serving as an IFS officer in the Odisha cadre, said that he wanted to improve his rank and therefore appeared in the UPSC 2020 exam.
“Last time, I missed the IAS and IPS cadre. But I was sure that my marks could improve. Alongside my service, I kept on preparing and appeared for my exam. The results were announced on Friday and I am quite sure that this time if not IAS, I shall get the IPS cadre in my own state Tripura,” Dhiman said.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900