GUWAHATI: Cadet Under Officer Nepo Moirangthem of 50 Assam Air Squadron NCC, cleared the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and is ready to join the Indian Air Force as a Flying Officer.
The cadet has cleared the tough medical exams conducted for all candidates who have cleared the written as well as the SSB (Service Selection Board ) and aspire to join the forces. The cadet was able to clear the exam easily without any formal coaching. He was only guided, supported and encouraged by his Commanding Officer Group Captain Robin Vishoyi.
His seniors have termed the cadet as “an excellent aeromodeller” of the unit who has represented the unit, Guwahati Group Headquarters and the North Eastern Region Directorate in aeromodelling at the All India Vayu Sainik Camp.
The cadet is an all-rounder and “an asset to the unit”. He has participated and carried out remote control aeromodelling at the air festival organised by Eastern Air Command, at Shillong ALG (Advance Landing Ground).
All the cadets of the unit are delighted with the news.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa