Guwahati: New Delhi-based Kashmiri businessman Sahil Zaroo, who was arrested last month for raping and threatening a young professional from Northeast India, was slated for a bail hearing on Thursday.
His petition for bail hearing has been pushed to September 29 by the court, Assistant Commissioner of Police Hibu Tamang informed EastMojo.
The accused had reportedly drugged the girl after a party when she lost consciousness when the crime was committed.
The survivor registered an FIR against Sahil Zaroo vide FIR No. 252/21 under section 376 and 328 IPC, on August 18, 2021 after which Zaroo reportedly offered the survivor money and kept trying to persuade her to take the case back.
The incident allegedly happened on August 16, after which Zaroo reportedly fled to Srinagar. He was, however, arrested by the Delhi Police in record 24 hours after the survivor lodged an FIR on August 18, informed Tamang.
The survivor is being given protection by the Special Unit For Northeast Region (SPUNER) Delhi Police whenever they step out.
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine