Kohima: A cadre belonging to the NSCN-K Niki Sumi group has been arrested by security forces and the state police at Chumukedima in Dimapur district.
PRO IGAR (N) informed that the joint operation was conducted on Sunday based on specific inputs where a person identified as Retsuthong (46), Tatar of the NSCN-K Niki Sumi, was held.
One .32 pistol with magazine and two live rounds of .32 ammunition were also recovered from him.
The arrested person and the recovered items were handed over to Chumukedima Police Station in Dimapur for further investigation, it informed.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900