Kohima: A cadre belonging to the NSCN-K Niki Sumi group has been arrested by security forces and the state police at Chumukedima in Dimapur district.
PRO IGAR (N) informed that the joint operation was conducted on Sunday based on specific inputs where a person identified as Retsuthong (46), Tatar of the NSCN-K Niki Sumi, was held.
One .32 pistol with magazine and two live rounds of .32 ammunition were also recovered from him.
The arrested person and the recovered items were handed over to Chumukedima Police Station in Dimapur for further investigation, it informed.
- Pakistani Taliban ends ceasefire; orders its militants to carry out attacks
- UK delivering on new FTA with India, says Rishi Sunak
- Meghalaya: Govt considering jobs for dependents of Mukroh victims
- Meghalaya: State limping back to normalcy after Mukroh violence, says CM
- Mukroh incident linked to timber smuggling, not border dispute: Special DGP
- Did Dibrugarh Uni try to cover up ragging incident? Police to probe, says Assam CM