Guwahati, Sep 21: The driver of a goods-carrying vehicle was shot at during an attempted robbery on National Highway 37 in Assam’s Nagaon district, police said on Tuesday.
Nagaon Superintendent of Police Anand Mishra said that the incident took place in Jharoni area early during the day when the Haflong-bound vehicle was coming from Guwahati.
The suspected robbers opened fire after the driver and his helper refused to shell out money demanded by them, he said, adding that the injured person is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Guwahati and further investigation is underway.
- Mukroh incident linked to timber smuggling, not border dispute: Special DGP
- Did Dibrugarh Uni try to cover up ragging incident? Police to probe, says Assam CM
- Arunachal bags 14 medals in Wushu Women’s League
- Mizoram: BJP, MNF to form coalition government in MADC
- National sports awardees pay tribute to fallen heroes
- Alliance Air adds two new flight services in Arunachal