The state police will continue to take action against those who are harassing people in land revenue offices, he said.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma said, “453 land brokers picked up so far in continuing raids by @assampolice in our concerted pledge to end #AssamFightsDalalRaj. This notorious practice of brokers/dalals in revenue offices harassing commoners must end. Our fight against nefarious activities will go on relentlessly.”
These people were apprehended on Monday night for their alleged involvement in unlawful activities related to land purchase, a senior police officer said.
The chief minister, in a meeting with officials of the Revenue and Disaster Management Department on September 7, had said middlemen must be eliminated from the system and people should be empowered to get their land-related works done without any hassle.
“In line with directions of the Hon @CMOfficeAssam the teams of @assampolice have arrested more than 450 persons last night indulging in unlawful activities involving land sale/purchase/holding,” Special DGP (Law and Order) G P Singh said on the microblogging site.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers