Governor Satyadev Narayan Arya on Saturday nominated Bidyut Debbarma, resident of Maharani in Salema under Dhalai and Shibsen Kaipeng, resident of Lasmidhan Para, in Taidu under Gomati District for the two nominated seats of the district council.
A notification issued by the LT Darlong, additional secretary, Government of Tripura, informed that the governor of Tripura is pleased to nominate the following persons as members of the council for a period coterminous with the term of the current district Council commencing from the date of their taking oaths as members of the district council.
The Kaipeng tribe is a sub-group of the Halam community in Tripura and has a small population, mainly living in the district council areas.
“The decision to nominate representatives from the Kaipeng community was taken to ensure that the small sub-group of the Halam tribe gets representation,” said a source.
The TTAADC presently has 30 seats, of which two are nominated by the governor from different tribal communities.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900