Kohima: Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumbered single-day recoveries in Nagaland after nine consecutive days as 60 more people tested positive for the infection, while 37 people were cured of the disease on Saturday.
The new cases pushed the northeastern state’s COVID-19 tally to 30,840, while one fresh fatality took the death toll to 653, a health bulletin said.
Tuensang district registered the highest number of new cases at 21, followed by Dimapur (20) and Kohima (12), it said, adding that the fresh fatality was recorded in Dimapur.
The state now has 491 active cases, while 28,752 people have been cured of the disease, and 944 patients have migrated to other states so far. The recovery rate slightly dipped to 93.22 per cent from 93.29 per cent on the previous day.
Nagaland has tested over 3.56 lakh samples for COVID-19 thus far, and inoculated over 6.76 lakh people, of whom 2.91 lakh have been fully vaccinated.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900