Aizawl: Mizoram Rajya Sabha member K. Vanlalvena has tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Delhi.
The 51-year-old Mizo National Front (MNF) leader said he had his sample tested after he developed symptoms of COVID-19 and accordingly he was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Thursday through the RT-PCR facility.
He said that he has been isolated in Mizoram House at Chanakyapuri in Delhi. According to him, he has a mild fever and body ache.
“I am now under isolation at Mizoram House. I have mild symptoms like light fever, nasal congestion and body ache. But I am out of danger,” he told this reporter over the phone from Delhi.
Vanlalvena is currently camping in the national capital to meet Union ministers and other officials regarding the issue of Myanmar refugees. “I have already taken appointments to meet some Union ministers and other officials at the Centre. I hope I test negative soon to meet them in time,” he said.
Meanwhile, one more person has succumbed to COVID-19 in Mizoram on Thursday, taking the total number of deaths to 251. At least 925 people were discharged from various COVID-19 care facilities the same day, according to a government bulletin released at 5 pm.
The state on Thursday reported 1,402 COVID-19 cases, pushing the state’s tally to 75,470. The number of active cases now stands at 13,047, while a total of 62,172 people have already recovered.
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over
- Tragic bridge collapse to delay inauguration of Mizoram railway project
- Arrests made in Manipur student murder case, tribal forum questions investigation