Aizawl: Mizoram on Tuesday reported the highest ever single-day spike of Covid-19 cases as 1,502 people, including 300 children, have tested positive for the infection. With this the state’s total tally has reached 72,883, an official said.
The death toll also rose to 244, as six more people have succumbed to the infection between Monday and Tuesday till 2 pm, the official added.
The single-day infection rate in the state decreased from 31 per cent to 16.39 per cent, as the fresh cases were detected from 9,165 sample tests, he said.
The fresh cases were reported from various districts with Aizawl district reporting the highest number of cases at 879, followed by Champhai at 144 and Siaha at 101, he said.
At least 300 children, two healthcare workers and a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan were among the newly-infected people. Five patients have travel history while the rest 1,497 were found to have contracted the disease locally, he said.
At least 680 patients have developed symptoms of Covid-19, he added.
Mizoram now has 13,366 active COVID-19 cases, while 59,273 people have recovered from the infection, including 526 people on Monday.
The recovery rate among Covid-19 patients is 81.32 per cent and the death rate is 0.33 per cent.
The state has conducted more than 9.74 lakh sample tests till date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 6.64 lakh people have been vaccinated till Monday, of which 3 lakh people have received full doses.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary