The number of cases was less than the 548 reported the previous day, he said. The state also reported two more fatalities, taking the death toll to 238, he said.
The single-day infection rate also rose 31 per cent against 13.98 per cent on Sunday after fresh cases were detected from 1,744 sample tests, the official said. At least 123 children were among the newly-infected people, the official added. All new patients were found to have contracted the disease locally.
At least 379 patients have developed symptoms of COVID-19, the health department official said.
Mizoram now has 12,396 active cases, while 58,747 people have recovered from the infection, including 572 on Sunday. The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is 82.30 per cent, and the death rate is 0.33 per cent. The state has conducted more than 9.65 lakh sample tests to date.
According to state immunisation officer Dr. Lalzawmi, over 6.63 lakh people have been vaccinated till Saturday, of which 2.98 lakh have received full doses.
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister