Dibrugarh: Two days after a 11-year-old boy went missing after he went swimming in Dibrugarh‘s Chiring Chapori area, his body was recovered near Kolowlowa-Deorigaon Chapori area of Buridihing river, 3 kms from Khamtighat area under Khowang Police station.
A resident of Ruplal Dutta Path, Chiring Chapori, Dibrugarh, Ayushman Dowarah was last seen at Jokai Khamtighat Area with his bicycle.
Local residents said the Class 5 student of Giyan Vigyan Academy in Dibrugarh had gone for swimming in Buridihing river and was last seen around 2:15 pm on Thursday. After he didn’t return home in the evening, his family and local residents began looking for him before eventually filing a missing person’s report at Milan Nagar Police Outpost, Dibrugarh.
Based on information gathered, the National and State Disaster Response Teams began a search operation in and along the Buridihing river on Friday.
Though the search yielded no result, the minor’s bicycle was later found.
On Saturday, his body was found and handed over to the family.
Police have begun an investigation into the case.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence