Mumbai: Amazon’s much-awaited series “The Wheel of Time” will premiere on November 19.
The streamer has unveiled the first trailer for the Rosamund Pike-led show, which is an adaptation of Robert Jordan’s bestselling novels.
The first three episodes of the first season will premiere on November 19, with new episodes available each Friday following, leading up to the season finale on December 24, Amazon Prime Video said in a statement.
For Indian subscribers, the series will be launched in English along with dubs in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
“The Wheel of Time” is set in a world where magic exists and only certain women are allowed to wield it.
It follows Moiraine Damodred (Pike) as a member of a powerful, all-female organisation ‘Aes Sedal,’ who goes on a journey across the world with five young people, one of whom she believes might be the reincarnation of a person prophesied to save or destroy humanity.
Rave Judkins serves as showrunner and has also adapted Jordan’s novels for the small screen.
Uta Briesewitz, who has directed the first two episodes, has executive produced the show alongside, Judkins, Larry Mondragon and Rick Selvage of Red Eagle Entertainment, Mike Weber, Ted Field of Radar Pictures, Darren Lemke and Marigo Kehoe.
Pike serves as producer with Harriet McDougal and Brandon Sanderson as consulting producers.
“The Wheel of Time” is co-produced by Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television.
The show has already been renewed for a second season, which started production recently.
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA
- Taliban replace ministry for women with one restricting them