Kohima: In a country where the marginalised communities have to work harder than anyone else to attain education, the COVID-19 pandemic and the push for online education has caused irreparable damage. And one only needs to look at Nagaland to understand the true cost school students are paying for being from poor backgrounds in regions where mobile connectivity is patchy at best and non-existent at its worst.
- Climate change’s dangerous new fires
- Assam Police rescue smuggled exotic animals in Cachar district, arrest four suspects
- Assam: NIT Silchar gets new dean following student agitation
- Manipur: ZUF cadre killed in encounter with suspected NSCN-IM
- Did space give Earth the spark of life? OSIRIS-REx might tell us
- Tripura police to ‘hunt’ for drug kingpins: CM Dr Manik Saha