Agartala: The state health department and the will adopt ‘Eat Right Campus’ (ERC) and ‘Clean Street Food Hub’ (CSFH) to raise the quality of food and hygiene in the state.
As part of this, the canteens at Secretariat in Agartala, Khilpara home at Udaipur, Dharmanagar rail station would be registered for ERC. The Battala to Post Office Chowmuhani Road will be declared as CSFH under the initiative.
The ERC is an initiative taken by the FSSAI to ensure that the citizens eat safe and Nutritious Food and bring social and behavioural change among the citizens.
The CSFH aims to raise the quality of street food from vending to food courts and established hotels and restaurants to build trust among consumers to have a safe and hygienic local eating experience.
Speaking with EastMojo, Dr Radha Debbarma, director of family welfare and preventive medicine said that a meeting of the health official was held where it was decided that three places would be chosen to start the project.
“After the implementation of the projects the health department will choose some more locations across the state for the implementation of the ERC and CSFH to ensure that citizens get to eat safe and nutritious food,” Debbarma said.
- RSS, BJP want to finish off Constitution discreetly: Rahul Gandhi
- How did Meghalaya become an abode of blunders?
- Assam Bhavan to come up in Maha, announces CM Shinde; Sena MP Sanjay Raut says it already exists
- P T Usha throws her hat into IOA ring, to fight for president’s post
- Earth observation satellite in orbit, ISRO terms mission ‘unique’
- Assam lifts travel restrictions to Meghalaya, six days after border violence