Kohima: Business establishments across the state of Nagaland remained closed till noon on Tuesday as the NSCN-IM called for total closure of shops and business establishments in ‘Nagalim’. As Tuesday marked the 6th anniversary of signing the historic agreement, the group protested against the Government of India (GoI) over its silence on the Framework Agreement (FA).
NSCN-IM informed that the shutdown call met with a “grand success because of the overwhelming support from all over Naga areas including the Naga areas of Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.” “It was organised to show our anguish and disappointment for dilly-dallying in finalisation of the FA,” NSCN-IM said.
The group expressed its sincere gratitude to all shop owners and business establishments for exhibiting the courage to show solidarity with the Framework Agreement. It also thanked the public for bearing with the inconveniences.
Earlier, the group said that the much-hyped agreement has entered 6 years without getting any positive response from the Centre for “necessary follow up action to concretize into a solid official document as transitional arrangement for the final settlement of Naga political issue”.
As Nagas have been patiently waiting, the group had said that the ball is in the court of the Government of India, and not with the NSCN-IM.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion