Kohima: Four militants belonging to the Niki Sumi faction of NSCN (K) have been apprehended in Nagaland’s Phek district and arms and ammunition seized from their possession, a statement has said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Assam Rifles and state police nabbed the four militants in Pfutsero area and seized a 9mm pistol with nine cartridges, 64 extortion slips and three mobile phones, a statement issued by the PRO of the inspector general of the paramilitary force on Thursday said.
The arrested people and the seized items have been handed over to Pfutsero police station for further investigation, it added.
Also Read | Black dollar scam: Ugandan national held in Nagaland over visa fraud
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people