The Assam-Mizoram border remained tense after a team of Assam police reportedly found barricades along the Khulicherra border route in Assam’s Cachar district.
The Additional Director General of Police Harmeet Singh along with Cachar SP Vaibhav C Nimbalkar and his team rushed to the spot after reports of Mizoram locals encroaching 25 metres into the Khulicherra CRPF camp in Assam.
Mizo locals reportedly obstructed the route in Khulicherra leading towards Upper Painom LP School, which is about 6.5 km inside the Assam-Mizoram border.
Also Read: Mizoram farmers suffer the brunt of Assam-Mizoram border tensions
A fight broke out between the locals and Assam Police when the Police team tried to remove the barricades set up by the villagers.
Assam Police said it used ‘minimum’ force to remove barricades and clear the encroached land after failing in their attempts to convince Mizo locals to clear the area.
A temporary camp has now been set up by the Assam Police to prevent such incidents.
- Why supply chain issues do not cause inflation
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions
- Now, apply for jobs, give interviews while on tourist, business visa in US
- Major Himalayan rivers like Brahmaputra to see reduced flows as glaciers recede
- SC Collegium expresses concern over Centre withholding names of judges