Guwahati: Assam reported 23 fresh fatalities and 2,169 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, pushing the coronavirus caseload to 5,38,407, according to the bulletin of the National Health Mission, Assam.
The COVID-19 death toll increased to 4,888 while the number of active cases currently in the state is 20,284.
Three deaths each were reported from Golaghat and Jorhat, and two each from Karbi Anglong, Nagaon, and Tinsukia.
Biswanath, Chirang, Dibrugarh, Dima Hasao, Goalpara, Hojai, Kamrup Metro, Kamrup Rural, Lakhimpur, Morigaon, and Sonitpur reported one death each.
The current death rate is 0.91 percent and the number of COVID-19 patients dying due to other causes is 1,347.
Among the new COVID-19 cases, 258 were detected from Kamrup Metro, 234 from Golaghat, 138 from Lakhimpur, and 116 from Sonitpur.
The new cases were detected out of 1,24 381 tests conducted during the day, the bulletin said.
The daily positivity rate is t 1.74 per cent while the cumulative tests conducted in the state are 1,60,04,058.
Meanwhile, 1,456 COVID-19 patients recuperated from the disease during the day, which took the total number of recoveries to 5,11,888. The current recovery rate is 95.07 per cent.
As many as 83,44,681 people have been vaccinated in the state, of whom 13,84,126 received both doses.
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren
- India to resume export of ‘surplus’ COVID-19 vaccines