New Delhi, Jul 13 (PTI) Serum Institute of India (SII) will start production of Sputnik vaccine at the company’s facilities in India from September, Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said on Tuesday.
“The first batch of Sputnik vaccine is expected to be produced at SII’s facilities in September,” RDIF said in a statement.
The parties intend to produce over 300 million doses of the vaccine in India per year, it added.
“As part of the technical transfer process, SII has already received cell and vector samples from the Gamaleya Center. With their import approved by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI), the cultivation process has begun,” RDIF said.
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP