After the imposition of total lockdown in seven districts of Assam, including Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon, the police has now tightened vigil in order to curb un-authorized vehicular movement.
In Sonitpur, teams of police and district administration are in constant surveillance to ensure lockdown rules are strictly enforced. It is to be noted that the Sonitpur district alone accounted for 130 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
On Thursday, a team of Chariduar revenue circle administration was monitoring the situation at Balipara. The district administration says it will take strict action against violators of COVID protocols.
A police official said, “We have been ordered to be strict with inter-district travel. There might be one or two cars entering through some other secret passage. As far as I know, no vehicle has entered Tezpur from another district, the ones that did illegally have been detained.”
The district administration has made arrangements for the home delivery of essential commodities. “Arrangements have been made for home delivery. So, I appeal to the public not to come out of their houses unnecessarily,” he said.
The official said that vendors will be appointed by respective departments of food supply, agriculture, veterinary, fishery for home delivery of ration, vegetables and fruits, milk, eggs, chicken and fish.
- India-US relationship not narrowed to bilateral gains: Jaishankar
- Chinese loan apps: ED freezes Rs 9.82 cr worth funds kept in payment gateway accounts
- Pakistan’s new finance minister Ishaq Dar no longer a ‘proclaimed offender’
- India-China ties have great bearing on world: Chinese envoy
- Top 5 Anime and Manga theme attractions in real life you didn’t know about
- What position should I sleep in, and is there a ‘right’ way to sleep?