Nagaon: A pick-up van, loaded with teak wood, was seized and two persons arrested near the Kaziranga National Park (KNP) in Assam’s Nagaon district, forest officials said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team from KNP’s Burhapahar forest range office in the Kaliabar sub-division of the district seized the pick-up van from Fuloguri Chang village, they said.
Two persons, identified as Jiten Rongfar and Bidya Terong, were arrested in this connection, they added.
The duo was produced at the Kaliabar court and remanded to judicial custody.
Forest officials said that illegal timber traders were destroying the forest cover in the Burhapahar area and operations were being conducted regularly to nab them.
- Assam: Panic in Sonitpur after Russell’s Viper kills teenager
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals