Imphal: Manipur recorded 656 fresh COVID-19 positive cases and one fatality on Friday. Of the new positive cases, nasopharyngeal swabs collected from 69 individuals confirmed as positive for the highly transmissible Delta variant, as per the data released by IDSP Manipur.
Earlier, 18 such Delta variant cases were reported in Manipur.
The total number of positive cases has now reached 70,954, while the cumulative number of persons who succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur stands at 1,175.
The new positive cases were tested at RIMS (8), JNIMS (44), district hospitals (420) and other testing facilities (184). The latest deaths are reported from Imphal West (5), Imphal East (3), Thoubal (2), Kakching (1), Bishnupur (1) and Chandel (1).
The new positive cases include 216 from Imphal West, 105 from Imphal East, 101 from Bishnupur, 73 from Thoubal, 60 from Churachandpur, 53 from Kakching, 12 from Chandel, nine from Pherzawl, seven from Senapati, six from Kangpokpi, five from Tengnoupal, four from Ukhrul, two from Noney and one each from Jiribam, Noney and Tamenglong districts, respectively.
At present, the total number of active case stands at 5,970, of which 2,325 are in home isolation facilities.
In the last 24 hours, 603 more persons were discharged, out of which, 287 are from home isolations, 16 from RIMS, 10 from JNIMS, 139 from COVID-19 care centers and 151 from the community home isolation centers (CHICs). With it, the recovery rate from COVID-19 stood at 89.93%.
- Shocking: UPSC training platform says tribal farmers are “brainless, have no land documents”
- Mizoram likely to get two RT-PCR mobile vans from Centre
- Ekalavya: Now learn acting from ‘Dronas’ of the art, virtually
- Birajit Sinha is new Tripura Congress chief
- Arunachal CM says have full faith in deputy commissioners
- Centre approves Rs one lakh cr for oil, gas projects in NE: Puri