Kohima: Phuye old village under Zunheboto district, Nagaland, achieved 100% vaccination on Saturday, the health and family welfare department said.
Dr Abolu Yeptho, medical officer at the PHC Suruhoto informed that out of the total beneficiaries, 93 were in the age group 18-44 years, and 101 were in the age group above 45 years.
Earlier, Yali village under Tuensang district, and Moalenden and Longsendang villages under Mokokchung district were the first three villages in Nagaland to achieve 100% vaccination.
Nagaland government’s official Twitter handle took to the micro-blogging site on Sunday to inform that Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a mention of these three villages for 100% vaccination. “#Nagaland‘s first 3 villages to achieve 100% vaccination finds mention in PM @narendramodi‘s #MannKiBaat,” it tweeted.
Several villages, including Sapotomi village and Lhuvishe old village under Zunheboto, Nutsu village under Kiphire, and Aoyimkum village under Chumukedima block in Dimapur district, also achieved 100% vaccination.
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?
- West Bengal planning green hydrogen plant in Durgapur
- Prior sanction required for direction to register FIR for hate speech, says court
- NKorea’s nuclear program is funded by stolen cryptocurrency. Could it collapse?
- Youth are growth engine of India: Union minister Anurag Thakur
- Protests in China are not rare, but the current unrest is significant