Today is International Yoga Day, and while the internet is full of celebrities highlighting the value of Yoga, a five-year-old boy from Khumtai in the Golaghat district of Assam has become a shining example of how Yoga can improve everyone’s lives, including children.
Pinku Gogoi, a resident of Potia Pothar village in Khumtai, has become famous for his impressive postures after a resident from his village posted a video of him practising Yoga on social media.
Interestingly, Pinku has neither received any professional training nor has he learnt the art of Yoga from the internet or television.
Born to Kukhol Gogoi and Purnima Gogoi, Pinku has been practising Yoga for only three months. No wonder, that his unique talent has garnered a lot of praise from people.
- Eviction drive in Assam’s Orang National Park to clear animal corridor
- Meghalaya: AAP makes foray in Garo Hills; Omillo K Sangma joins party
- He holds metaphoric Sengol: Cong’s dig at Modi over Manipur violence
- Meghalaya Police nabs 3 for spreading ‘rumour’ on GNLA regrouping
- PIL by Gauhati HC prompts 4 NE states to take steps for police reforms
- Present crisis in Manipur is not about religion: Guru Rewben Mashangva