Two couples from Malta have come forward to adopt four children who have lost their families from Assam‘s Tinsukia district.
Watch video here:
For the last four years, Makum-based orphanage Keshav Bahety Surjudaya Children’s Home has been the shelter home for Monica, Avik, Rani and Rashmi.
On Friday, two couples Dorielle & Elton Vella, Claudien & Miceli reached Tinsukia after completing all adoption formalities.
On behalf of the orphanage, president Premendra Sharma, vice president Lalit Gogoi, social worker and advisor Narayan Baheti paid respects to the two couples.
The adoption was carried out as per Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) norms at the Tinsukia Zila Parishad office at the initiative of the NGO named ADOR.
District Development Commissioner Nayan Jyoti Sabhapandit, assistant commissioners Aparupa Borgohain, Nilakshi Bhuyan and other officials were present at the occasion.
The children have left with their new parents for Malta.
- Meghalaya-Assam border row: ‘Give & take’ policy not acceptable, says Cong MLA
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result