Battlegrounds Mobile India appears to have a different login procedure than PUBG Mobile. According to reports, OTP authentication is the only way to login to Battlegrounds Mobile India against PUBG, which allowed multiple login methods including Facebook, Google Play, or guest accounts.
A report in NDTV says Krafton added a ‘Rules regarding OTP Authentication’ section on the Battlegrounds Mobile India support page stating instructions for how many times a user can request an OTP, validity of the OTP, and more.
A user can enter a ‘Verify code’ three times, after which the login won’t work. The Verify code is valid for five minutes before it expires, and players can request for a code 10 times before they are restricted from doing so for 24 hours. A single phone number can register up to 10 accounts.
According to reports, the page has now been pulled down.
Based on speculation, Battlegrounds Mobile India is likely to be released on Friday, June 18. However, no official release date has been announced.
PUBG Mobile was banned from India in September last year due to data privacy concerns under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. The move from social media-based login to phone number-based OTP may help with data privacy for players. However, this is just speculation at the moment.
Also Read | It’s back: Pre-registration for Battlegrounds Mobile India begins
- Meghalaya: Citizens, forest officials nab illegal timber
- India will become ‘Vishwaguru’ in knowledge: Assam Governor
- Congress protests in Guwahati over action against Rahul
- What Vincent van Gogh’s letters to his family say about why he became an artist
- Countdown for LVM3-M3 OneWeb India-2 mission begins
- Why Tripura’s youngest MLA says youth are ‘bound to join politics’