Agartala: Senior IAS officer Alok Kumar on Monday took charge as the new chief secretary of Tripura.
He replaces Manoj Kumar, who has been transferred and posted as Special Chief Resident Commissioner of Tripura Bhavan, New Delhi.
Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb has congratulated the newly-appointed chief secretary after he took over the charge.
“Shri Kumar Alok ji takes charge as the Chief Secretary today. He will wholeheartedly work with the team to make Tripura a model state and fulfil the dream of Honble PM Shri Narendra Modi ji. I congratulate him on assuming charge. All the best,” the chief minister tweeted on Monday.
Alok Kumar, a 1990-batch IAS officer, was earlier posted as additional secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat in New Delhi.
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren