Pasighat: The East Siang district administration in Arunachal Pradesh is setting up ‘COVID Care Banks’ in each of the eight circles of the district through which the needy ones can pick up equipment such as oximeters and digital thermometers free of cost to monitor their health status and return the same once they test negative for Covid-19.
The equipment for the COVID Care banks was, on Friday, distributed to the circle officers of the district by East Siang deputy commissioner Dr Kinny Singh.
“The COVID Care Banks have been set up from the fine amount collected by the administration during the COVID-appropriate behaviour enforcement in the district. An amount of Rs 3.24 lakh was collected from those violating the COVID SoPs,” Dr Singh said.
The banks would also be equipped with one O2 concentrator for each circle including face and surgical masks, sanitisers and generic medicines, the DC said.
Dr Singh said the initiative, which is also supported by Vision IAS, a coaching institute, as a part of its corporate social responsibility, is a small effort of the district administration to give back to the society.
The DC further informed that around 92.09 % of people falling under the 45 years and above category have been vaccinated in the district so far and efforts are on to step up the process for beneficiaries falling in the 18-45 years category.
It was also informed that the Aohali, Runne, Sibutin, Mane and Sido-Tene villages in the district have recorded 100% COVID vaccination coverage.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence