According to the IMA, 748 doctors died of the infection across the country in the first wave of the pandemic.
Delhi recorded 107 deaths in the second wave, followed by Bihar 96, Uttar Pradesh 67, Rajasthan 43, Jharkhand 39 and Andhra Pradesh and Telangana 32 each, according to data compiled at the IMA’s COVID-19 registry.
“Last year 748 doctors across India succumbed to COVID-19, while in the current wave we have lost 594 doctors in a short period,” IMA president J A Jayalal said.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture