Assam’s Tamulpur constituency MLA Leho Ram Boro died of COVID-19 at Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) on Saturday morning.
The United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) party’s MLA was tested positive on Thursday at the Tamulpur PHC and subsequently shifted to GMCH. His health deteriorated and Boro was shifted to the ICU on Friday.
UPPL president and the chief executive member (CEM) of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) Pramod Boro confirmed the news of Leho Ram Boro’s demise in a Facebook post.
According to Pramod Boro, Leho Ram Boro suffered a stroke while undergoing treatment.
Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma mourned the passing of the newly elected legislator of Tamulpur.
“I deeply mourn the untimely demise of Tamulpur MLA Leho Ram Boro. He was a dedicated politician and his going away is a big loss for the state,” the CM tweeted.
On Wednesday, BPF MLA from Gossaigaon constituency Mahendra Narzary succumbed to post COVID-19 complications.
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24