Assam’s Tamulpur constituency MLA Leho Ram Boro died of COVID-19 at Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) on Saturday morning.
The United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) party’s MLA was tested positive on Thursday at the Tamulpur PHC and subsequently shifted to GMCH. His health deteriorated and Boro was shifted to the ICU on Friday.
UPPL president and the chief executive member (CEM) of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) Pramod Boro confirmed the news of Leho Ram Boro’s demise in a Facebook post.
According to Pramod Boro, Leho Ram Boro suffered a stroke while undergoing treatment.
Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma mourned the passing of the newly elected legislator of Tamulpur.
“I deeply mourn the untimely demise of Tamulpur MLA Leho Ram Boro. He was a dedicated politician and his going away is a big loss for the state,” the CM tweeted.
On Wednesday, BPF MLA from Gossaigaon constituency Mahendra Narzary succumbed to post COVID-19 complications.
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident
- AK Mishra an advisor to Home Ministry, not an interlocutor: Tripura CM
- Mizoram elections: Zoramthanga resigns after MNF loss
- Despite having a simple plot, David Fincher’s ‘The Killer’ is an intriguing film
- New milestone: Three women emerge winners in Mizoram elections