Ukhrul: A 40-year-old reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 after his death in Ukhrul district in Manipur on Wednesday.
The deceased person has been identified as Thotreitha Hongray of Shirui village.
As per sources from the district health department, the man was declared dead in the village, after which his sample was sent for testing. It tested positive for COVID-19.
His sample was tested for COVID-19 through Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT), said the source.
Soon after the report of his death, Ukhrul district magistrate Joseph Pauline Kamson declared Shirui village as a containment zone to spread the further spread of the virus.
Whoever came in contact with the deceased has been advised strict isolation and the medical department informed for necessary action, the DM added.
- Malignant: An outrageous re-tread of the classic 80s horror with the Midas touch of James Wan
- Limits on airfares to remain for 15 days at any given time: Aviation Ministry
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?