Agartala: The state education department has postponed school exams from Class III to Class IX and XI due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.
UK Chakma, additional secretary, Government of Tripura, said in a statement on Friday, “All examinations scheduled earlier from Class III to Class IX and XI shall be treated as postponed w.e.f. 26.04.2021 until further order”.
However, ongoing pre-board examinations for Class X and XII will be held as usual. The board examination of Class X is slated to start from May 19 and the board exams of Class XII will begin from May 18 next.
Also, the Selection Test for Graduate Teacher (STGT) and Selection Test for Post Graduate Teacher (STPGT) examinations for teacher recruitment stand postponed indefinitely.
Before postponing school exams, the Tripura government announced the suspension of physical attendance of the students in all schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions from April 17.
“If the situation becomes normal within a month, secondary and higher secondary exams would be as usual. However, no decision should be made at this time without looking at the COVID-19 situation,” said education minister Ratan Lal Nath.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence