As the COVID-19 situation worsens across the country, people are having a tough time trying to find adequate information and support. The situation is no different in Guwahati, where the number of cases has been rising at an alarming rate. But hope shines amid the darkest times; there are several people-supported groups, organisations, and helplines trying their best to ensure that help reaches those who need it the most.
We have compiled some of them to make your life easy in case you need assistance regarding plasma, hospital beds and requests for oxygen.
COVID Warriors NE
Contact: 8638850077, 9706339163, 9365899109, 9957544197
You can also fill this form to join the fight to provide plasma: forms.gle/98tryUGnGNfwanFK8
Fridays For Future
Fridays For Future has compiled state-wise guide links which can be found at https://linktr.ee/FFFIndia
Let India Breathe
Contact: Message @letindiabreathe.in on Instagram.
LetIndiaBreathe is currently recruiting volunteers and has also compiled a list which can be found at https://linktr.ee/COVID19support.India
COVID-19 Help India
Contact: Message @covid19help.in on Instagram.
This is also another group that has been helping individuals and recruiting volunteers to help those in need and verify data.
The official Government of Assam site also has COVID-19 helpline numbers people can reach out to. Find all the important contacts at https://covid19.assam.gov.in/contact-us
The list of designated category I, II and III COVID-19 hospitals can be found at https://nhm.assam.gov.in/portlet-innerpage/dedicated-covid-hospitals
The Assam Police and GMCH helpline numbers for mental health care & support are:
- 6026901053/54/55 (First Shift: 9am – 3pm)
- 6026901056/57/58 (Second Shift: 3pm – 9pm)
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence