Given the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in Assam, Tezpur University has directed the students to vacate their hostels.
An order by D Deka, Dean, Students Welfare Department, stated that except PG/UG final-year students and PhD scholars, all others have to vacate their hostel rooms by April 23.
Final year Tezpur students can stay till April 29 and vacate after their exams are over, the order added.
The students must either vacate their rooms completely or keep their belongings in some safe area inside the hostel. The university administration won’t take responsibility for any loss incurred, it further added.
PhD scholars and foreign students will be allowed to stay till further notification.
- Gag order in Myanmar keeps Suu Kyi’s testimony restricted
- Mizoram: COVID-19 recoveries outnumber new cases; death toll at 422
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27