Guwahati: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Riyan Parag, a first-time voter who was appointed as one of the state icons to encourage people to exercise their franchise during Assam Assembly Elections 2021, failed to cast his vote.
Speaking with EastMojo, his mother, Mithu Baruah Das said, “He is currently in a bio-bubble, as Indian Premier League starts from April 9.”
She said once he comes out of the bubble, he has to quarantine for 7 days, however, his first match on April 12.
On whether he could opt for the postal ballot, Das said, “He does not qualify for it.” She had also clarified about the same with authorities.
Riyan Parag was one of the four Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) icons for state elections along with actor Kapil Bora, singer Anindita Paul and para- cyclist Rakesh Banik.
According to reports, the other icons had cast their votes in their respective constituencies.
Assam recorded over 82% votes in the 40 Legislative Assembly Constituencies (LACs) which went to the polls in the third and final phase on Tuesday.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence