Khowai: Eight people including a minor arrested on charges of gang-raping two minor girls in Khowai district of Tripura were sent on four days police custody by a special POCSO court headed by judge Hrishikesh Chakraborty.
The special POCSO court sent the youth on four days of police custody.
Also Read: Two girls gangraped in Tripura, 8 held
Reportedly, on Monday, during Holi celebrations, two minor girls were out for a motorbike ride with two boys.
“Upon reaching Khatia Basti area, the girls saw six more boys from the nearby village waiting for them. They were forced and gang-raped by the youths last evening,” the police said.
Later, the boys fled the spot after the two minor girls became unconscious. However, late at night, the girls woke up and managed to reach home.
Case number 14/ 2021 was registered in Champahour police station under section 341/ 376 (D), 506 and POCSO Act.
The accused arrested have been identified as Jaggu Debbarma (21) Bimal Debbarma (22) Mikel Debbarma (19) Rishita Debbarma (19) Nitesh Debbarma (21) Jewel Debbarma (19) Bikash Debbarma (22) and Biresh Debbarma (22).
Of the two victims, one has been referred to GBP hospital and is in critical condition.
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Now, Sikkim health minister MK Sharma resigns
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata