Mumbai: A 45-year-old unemployed man allegedly killed his wife after being unable to handle her illness and medical treatment in Maharashtra’s Parbhani district, a police official said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday night when the man stabbed his wife, who was suffering from brain tumour, with a sharp weapon at their home in Mudgal village, located about 500 km from here, he said.
The accused later came out of the house and threw his blood-stained clothes nearby. Some locals alerted the police who reached the spot and seized the clothes.
The man was arrested on Sunday, the official said.
Also Read | Five of family burnt to death in Bihar
“The accused said he killed his wife after being fed up of her illness and medical treatment,” Pathari police station’s inspector Vasant Chavan said.
A case was registered against the accused under various Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections, including 302 (murder), he added.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs