Imphal: Security forces have arrested two cadres of banned Manipur-based Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) outfit, including one woman, from the Nambol Bazar area of Imphal West district.
As per the official statement, in a joint operation at around 4 pm, troops of Assam Rifles of Keithelmanbi Battalion and Manipur Police arrested the two cadres of KCP on March 12.
The arrested cadres of KCP have been identified as Sorakhaibam Thoi, 27, alias Chitra, a resident of Wangoo Mamang Sabal of Kakching district and Pukhrambam Arun Singh, 32, a resident of Awang Khunou, Mamang Leikai of Imphal West district.
According to the official, both apprehended insurgents confessed their involvement in carrying out extortion in Nambol and Bishnupur area for raising the fund for the proscribed group.
The arrested cadres have been handed over to Nambol Police Station for further investigation and legal action, it said.
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed