London (AP): British talk show host Piers Morgan has quit the show Good Morning Britain after making controversial comments about the Duchess of Sussex.
The U.K.’s media watchdog said earlier Tuesday that it was launching an investigation into the show under its harm and offense rules after receiving more than 41,000 complaints about Morgan’s comments on Meghan.
In her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan spoke about how she didn’t want to be alive anymore as she struggled to fit in with the monarchy and that her request for help was rejected.
Morgan on Monday said that he didn’t believe a word the duchess said. That drew criticism from many, including the mental health charity Mind.
On Tuesday’s episode, Morgan stormed off the set of the programme following a heated discussion with a fellow presenter about Harry and Meghan’s allegations about racism in the royal family.
ITV, which produces Good Morning Britain, said Tuesday: Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.’ ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar