Gangtok: Ahead of the Bengal Assembly elections, a senior functionary of the Bimal Gurung faction of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha has been arrested on charges of sexual assault in Namchi, South Sikkim.
The accused, Lobsong Lama, is the working president of the GJMM (Bimal faction), who now supports the Trinamool Congress.
Lama was arrested by Namchi Police on charges under POCSO Act today, following a complaint by the victim today. Lama runs a private school in South District Headquarter, while also being engaged in politics in Darjeeling Hills.
Police sources said investigations are underway concerning the case.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day