The western concept of mobile homes might soon catch up in India, as a Chennai based architect’s cost-effective solo mobile resident atop an auto-rickshaw has caught the eye of business tycoon Anand Mahindra.
Arun Prabhu NG turned an auto-rickshaw into a functional mobile home called Solo 0.1 for just Rs 1 lakh. Space can accommodate a bed, kitchen, bathroom and workspace and is also fitted with a solar panel and water tank.
Taking to Twitter, Mahindra lauded Prabhu and said he would like to work with him.
He wrote, “Apparently Arun did this to demonstrate the power of small spaces. But he was also on to a larger trend: a potential post-pandemic wanderlust & desire to be ‘always mobile.’ I’d like to ask if he’ll design an even more ambitious space atop a Bolero pickup. Can someone connect us?”
The tweet has received widespread appreciation and been liked over 4,800 times. Also, a user conveyed Mahindra’s message to the architect.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion