While Mamata Banerjee rode an e-scooter as a protest against the rising fuel prices, Smriti Irani on Friday took part in her party’s roadshow in the district bordering Kolkata, ahead of the upcoming elections in the state.
The rally was part of the BJP’s “Poriborton Yatra” and was led by the Union Minister along with BJP MP Roopa Ganguly and Agnimitra Paul.
Bengal minister Firhad Hakim mocked the BJP leader’s ride saying that she rode a petrol vehicle which, according to him, implied that it doesn’t matter to her that fuel prices are constantly going up. While other Trinamool Congress leaders just called Irani a copycat.
On Thursday, Mamata Banerjee travelled from her residence in Kalighat to state secretariat ‘Nabanna’ in Howrah. Even though she reached Nabanna riding pillion on minister Firhad Hakim’s scooter, a video of her trying to ride the scooter and nearly falling went viral on social media. Security personnel can be seen holding her as she loses balance for a moment. But she managed to regain her balance with support and continued to drive.
Also Read: Have you ever seen Mamata Banerjee dancing?
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey
- Two from Manipur, one from Assam win Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2022
- Notification issued for Nagaland elections, no nomination on Day 1
- From bad omen to treasured friends: how Hargila found home in Assam