Eight workers were attacked by around 25 unknown miscreants at the under-construction St. Xavier’s Girls’ hostel in Umoid, South West Khasi Hills, at about 11 pm on February 24. One worker died in the attack, while three others suffered serious injuries. Four others suffered minor injuries. All the injured workers have been taken to Shillong Civil Hospital for further treatment.
The workers had reached Umoid from Assam on the morning of February 24. Congress MLA Ampareen Lyngdoh reached the Civil Hospital in order to take stock of the situation and took the responsibility of providing a safe passage for the Assam workers.
- Students form 10% of AIDS cases in Tripura, says CM
- Mizoram election counting postponed: See new date here
- Nagaland: Hornbill Festival begins in Kisama, thousands attend
- Manipur CM returns after signing historic peace pact with Centre, UNLF
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 01
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer December 01