Eight workers were attacked by around 25 unknown miscreants at the under-construction St. Xavier’s Girls’ hostel in Umoid, South West Khasi Hills, at about 11 pm on February 24. One worker died in the attack, while three others suffered serious injuries. Four others suffered minor injuries. All the injured workers have been taken to Shillong Civil Hospital for further treatment.
The workers had reached Umoid from Assam on the morning of February 24. Congress MLA Ampareen Lyngdoh reached the Civil Hospital in order to take stock of the situation and took the responsibility of providing a safe passage for the Assam workers.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’