Lila Kanta Nath has been appointed as the new vice-chancellor (ic) of Dibrugarh University. Assam governor Jagdish Mukhi in the exercise of the power conferred upon him by Section 10 (5) of Dibrugarh University Act, 1965 appointed Nath as the Vice-Chancellor (i/c) of the university on Thursday.
64-year-old Nath is currently a professor at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Dibrugarh University. Nath would take over the office of the vice-chancellor (i/c) upon the superannuation of the current vice-chancellor (i/c) RNS Yadav who would retire on February 28.
Following allegations of financial irregularities and misappropriation of government funds against the vice-chancellor of Dibrugarh University, Ranjit Tamuli, Governor Mukhi on February 11 had suspended the vice-chancellor.
Mukhi also ordered a high-level inquiry committee to go into details of the functioning of the Dibrugarh University for the past five years and enquire into the financial allegations. The charge of the VC was handed over temporarily to RNS Yadav until further notice.
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay
- Assam: Rabha Unions’ demand CBI probe into death of BSF constable