Over one-third of Assam MLAs have studied only till Class 12, an analysis the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) showed.
In a report, ADR said 44 (37%) MLAs have declared their educational qualification to be between 5th pass and 12th pass. Another 74 (62%) MLAs have declared having an educational qualification of graduate or above. Interestingly, only one MLA is a Diploma Holder.
The complied data by ADR states that the late Jamal Uddin Ahmed, Indian National Congress (INC) MLA from Badarpur, was the only 5th-pass MLA. Additionally, Aziz Ahmed Khan, All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) MLA from Karimganj South Constituency, and Nizam Uddin Choudhury, AIUDF MLA from Algapur constituency are the only 8th Pass MLAs.
Meanwhile, Rafiqul Islam, AIUDF MLA from Jania Constituency, and Himanta Biswa Sarma, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Jalukbari constituency are the only Doctorate holders.
A party-wise educational detail of the MLAs shows that 43% AIUDF MLAs (six out of 14), 41% BJP MLAs (24 out of 59), 35% INC MLAs (seven out of 20), 33% BPF MLAs (four out of 12) and 15% AGP MLAs (two out of 13) have qualifications between 5th pass and 12th pass.
- Congress backed PFI when in power, alleges Minister
- Army capable of giving befitting reply to any power with evil intentions: Rajnath
- Arunachal: 24 TB patients adopted by three Tawang legislators
- Manipur: Flash floods ruin paddy, fishery ponds in Ukhrul
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for September 24
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for September 24