Over one-third of Assam MLAs have studied only till Class 12, an analysis the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) showed.
In a report, ADR said 44 (37%) MLAs have declared their educational qualification to be between 5th pass and 12th pass. Another 74 (62%) MLAs have declared having an educational qualification of graduate or above. Interestingly, only one MLA is a Diploma Holder.
The complied data by ADR states that the late Jamal Uddin Ahmed, Indian National Congress (INC) MLA from Badarpur, was the only 5th-pass MLA. Additionally, Aziz Ahmed Khan, All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) MLA from Karimganj South Constituency, and Nizam Uddin Choudhury, AIUDF MLA from Algapur constituency are the only 8th Pass MLAs.
Meanwhile, Rafiqul Islam, AIUDF MLA from Jania Constituency, and Himanta Biswa Sarma, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Jalukbari constituency are the only Doctorate holders.
A party-wise educational detail of the MLAs shows that 43% AIUDF MLAs (six out of 14), 41% BJP MLAs (24 out of 59), 35% INC MLAs (seven out of 20), 33% BPF MLAs (four out of 12) and 15% AGP MLAs (two out of 13) have qualifications between 5th pass and 12th pass.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence